Excitement in Kasur Produces
Brothers and Sisters, I hope you are well! We had a successful two days of Vacation Bible School in the city of Kasur. There were many obstacles we overcame to present VBS. First, a three-day weather delay (terrible thunderstorms and flooding on the scheduled days of Friday, July 26th and Saturday the 27th). We were able to perform on Monday and Tuesday, July 29 – 30. Secondly, Shahzaib and I became ill the week of our visit, he had food poisoning, later we learned I contracted Hepatitis B, I am better now. Finally, traveling back and forth is a two-hour bus ride from Lahore to Kasur. None of these things stopped us! GOD is great!
The event was held on the grounds of a partner, the FGA Church in the Salamat Pura Colony neighborhood of Kasur. Such welcoming and wonderful hosts. They assisted us with setting up, ice, water, electricity and so many other things. Your generous donations allowed us to hire vendors for tent rental, staff transportation (bus), generators, fuel, electricity, security, event permit, and food for the kids (chicken and rice). Thank You!
Day one was amazing! We had over 2,000 kids registered and packed our giant tent. Many of these children are surrounded by the area’s Islamic influence. They are experiencing worship music and the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the first time.
Breakdown of the Day 1 events
- We introduced our organization and outlined the work God’s Little Angels does all over Pakistan.
- Then worship. Singing and praying about how Jesus is working through us and is coming soon.
- Theme “Jesus Christ IS the Only God.”
- Learning the story of Elijah (1 Kings 17:4 – 6).
- Quiz about the story of Elijah.
- More Worship
Over 2,000 kids attended day one, we then witnessed 1,500 kids give their life to Jesus Christ! GOD is great! Stay tuned for our Day 2 VBS Kasur blog.
Want to see more of our work?
Please help support our upcoming projects below!
1) Food Distribution project first week of September. Part of our outreach ministry involves feeding the homeless, poor families, and widows. We gather food packets (bundles) and distribute them.
These food packets contain
- Bag of black pepper
- Bag of Pulses (peas or beans or lentils etc.)
- Bag of Rice
- Bag of salt
- Bag of sugar
- Bag of Wheat flour
- Cooking oil
2) Ministry Outreach travels to Sheikhupura on September 20th. Similar to Vacation Bible School, we travel throughout Pakistan to educate kids about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his gift of salvation. Word of our successful VBS events in Lahore and Kasur have spread. The demand in Pakistan for God’s Little Angels is growing.
- We are anticipating a crowd of 3,000 or more kids
- This is a one day program
- Printing flyers for advertising
- Arranging 30 vehicles for attendees
- Tent rental
- Site permit
- Food for the kids
We are blessed by your grace and kindness!
May GOD Bless You!